Jeffrey Gilroy, M.D.
Radiation Oncology CyberKnife Radiosurgery
University of Florida, Residency, radiation oncology
Creighton University, Residency, internal medicine
University of Nebraska College of Medicine, medical degree
Texas Christian University, Bachelor of Science in biology
I treat patients as if they were members of my family. The patient is the most important part of my job. If they are not taken care of, then we have failed. Time is important to all of us, and we want to make sure that we are efficient at meeting your needs, delivering your treatment and getting you back to your life with as little interruption as possible.
About Dr. GilroyDr. Gilroy grew up in Nebraska and attended Texas Christian University, where he majored in biology. Dr. Gilroy went on to complete medical school at the University of Nebraska and completed his residencies at Creighton University and the University of Florida. He chose to be a radiation oncologist after having several family members suffer with cancer. Through this unfortunate experience, he learned to appreciate the vital role radiation therapy plays in cancer treatment, influencing his decision to join that field of medicine. As a clinician, he likes the challenge of applying cutting-edge technology while interacting with his patients and getting to know about their lives. Dr. Gilroy has more than 10 years of experience and comes to Anova Cancer Care after being the medical director at ETMS Radiation Oncology and CyberKnife Center in Tyler, Texas. Dr. Gilroy’s wife is from Colorado Springs, and the couple wanted to get back to the mountains to raise their son. In his free time Dr. Gilroy enjoys snowboarding, fly fishing, hiking, camping and just watching nature.
- American Board of Radiology certification in radiation oncology
- Colorado State Medical License
Awards & Honors
- 2003 University of Florida department of radiation oncology Talken Award, best overall research project and oral presentation
- 2003 Aventis Oncology Prostate Cancer Scholarship
- 2004 Chief Resident University of Florida
- 2004 Best Poster Presentation University of Florida 2nd Annual Women’s Health Research Day
Affiliations & Membership Organizations
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
- American Board of Radiology